100 St. Francis Drive
Bradford, PA 16701
Bradford Ecumenical Home, Inc. has partnered with Genesis Rehab Services for over a decade to provide rehabilitation services to our residents. Genesis Rehab Services is one of the largest rehabilitation organizations in the country, serving over 900 skilled nursing centers, assisted living facilities, hospitals, home health companies, adult day care programs, and outpatient clinics.
Genesis Rehab Services deliver a comprehensive rehabilitation program that include licensed/credentialed physical, occupational, and speech therapy. These services are available to residents at Bradford Ecumenical Home, Our House, and Chapel Ridge.
Our physical therapists and physical therapist assistants work to restore residents to their highest possible level of function. Our therapists evaluate patients and devise individualized therapeutic treatment programs which may include:
- Therapeutic exercise programs to help increase muscle function, coordination, endurance and mobility
- Gait and functional training for safety and independence
- Muscle re-education to regain function
- Joint and soft-tissue mobilization to increase range of motion
- The use of thermal and electrical modalities for pain management
Our occupational therapists and occupational therapy assistants help our residents gain the skills necessary for independence in their social and physical environments. Using a wide range of interventions, including individualized therapeutic activities, our therapists adapt tasks and modify the environment to enhance each resident’s ability to function.
Our therapists design clinical services that may include:
- Education and training in daily living skills such as dressing, bathing, eating and grooming
- Sensori-motor treatments for strength, endurance, range of motion, coordination and balance
- Therapeutic activities for memory, orientation, cognitive integration and daily life skills
- Perceptual testing and training to maximize functional abilities and safety
- Splint fabrication for proper positioning, tone management, and edema and pain reduction
- Prescription recommendations for adaptive equipment and specialized seating and positioning to maximize functional abilities
- Community re-integration skills to allow for independent performance "at home"
Our speech-language pathologists address communication problems as well as swallowing dysfunction by designing treatment plans to address functional abilities and promote optimal interaction within the environment.
Our speech-language pathologists design a treatment plan relevant to each resident’s needs that may include:
- Comprehension skills for written and verbal communication
- Verbal and non-verbal communication, including the use of augmentative systems when necessary
- Cognitive status which may include memory, orientation and reasoning skills
- Oral muscle strength and functioning for speaking and swallowing
Swallowing skills and techniques
Bradford Ecumenical Home, Inc. is grateful for the support of Genesis Rehab Services. Through this partnership, “Your Goal becomes Our Goal”. Together we will develop a plan to assist you with all your therapy needs.